cdg.net

CDG Forums
Your Ad Here
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:53 am 
Site Admin

Its about time we all set up sum rules on this forum... cuz well... its being abused as of lately

1) No download, not a release. When you release something.. you're giving the public something they can use.

2) WIP's and Complete waiting-for-hosting sorta releases aren't considered a release. Once again, if thers no download, its not a release. If you need hosting, PM somebody which you know that has it, or ask for it in the Gunshop Discussion forum (better if you PM the person)

3) Requests aren't releases either, so don't post them here... Shockingly enuf i've seen people posting request topics in here (they also piss the hell outta me)... and well.. those if posted will be locked and the topic-starter will be given 2 warnings: one for posting in the wrong topic, and another for having the common sense of a toddler; REQUESTS GO IN REQUEST FORUMS! FFS, THERE ARE 3 FORUMS FOR THIS SHIT AND THERE IS NO REASON WHY YOU SHOULD BE POSTING THEM HERE!

4) Double-Posting will be treated like they are in other forums here.. so.. no worries bout that

5) Any talk about warez will result in topic deletion, without warning. If you wanna talk about bootleg Movies and fake-ripped cd's, PM the guy so you wont tax the forums (you never really know who's watching, so...)

6) Failure to comply to these rules will result in another step closer to a ban (warning)... and me getting in a somewhat pissed-off/annoyed mood.

7) No credits = no release; Improper credits is well.. half the way there

8 ) Do NOT post a bmp as a picture. BMP's are uncompressed picture files and they are really really freaking big to download. I don't like waiting for things to load and I don't think anyone else does either. So outta common courtesy post a gif or jpeg as they are much smaller and more user-friendly (after all.. you guys want others to download ur shit rite?). If I spot a bmp, I will cut the picture URL off and they will be asked to fix it. Sound good? GOOD!

9) Bumping old threads is a no-no. By bumping an old thread I mean by going to the very last page of the release area and saying "link's dead" (WELL NO FCKN SHT THE LINKS DEAD ITS 7 MONTHS OLD!@$%@# ).... anyways, all bumped threads will be locked and the bumpER will probably be gettin a word with an admin or sumthin (but if you're lazy like me.. well.. :D) and a warning.. cuz... we all just love to give out warnings... oh and just for the record, I classify old topics as ones that are in previous pages or bottom of the current page

10) Credits should be posted in your release post. 'Credits in Zip' is not sufficient. (So a release should contain at least 1 picture of the model (render/ingame), credits and a download link)

11) Add which weapon the model replaces into your first post.

well yeh, thats a start; Dragoon, if ya wanna add something, step right ahead. In the meantime, I hope this topic will improve this section of the boards :wink:

Last edited by pr0d!gy on Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:15 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Cool prod,

I locked it for ya, keeps it easy to read :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

updated the rules (BMP's gettin me edgy).... ya mite wanna haf a look

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:42 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Updated again, you must include credits in the first post of a thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:36 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Updated again: add which weapon the model replaces to your first post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 pm 
Retart

(edited from source releases:)

Suicidal Sam wrote:
new rule: add what the release replaces in the tag along with the game.

examples:

[DoD Thompson], [CS GIGN]

this means weapons, players, etc.

try to put [Pack] or something similar if it's a big release of a bunch of stuff, or if it's a player release for a whole team put the team name ([Americans], [CT], etc)

it aint hard, so do it. it helps searching, and makes things look cleaner.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]