cdg.net

CDG Forums
Your Ad Here
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 am 
New born

Good day everyone.

I'm GroovyDawg from the BFSP community, http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com, where our aim for the past five years has been to improve the SP aspect of BF2 with various SP focused mods.

I'm currently dev-ving with one of our great mappers, imtheheadhunter, where we (more like I, lulz) plan on using the guns from the CS community, with 99.8923% from this particular site and its members due to the OMGWTFAWESOME levels of your models and textures. Which are the best I've seen from any community bar-none.

Full credits for EACH gun will be included in the mod's readme in the same format as they are now. (models, texture, site).

I read that Thanez once said that most of you don't care what the rest of the world does with your models and textures so long as credit is given where its due. But due to the infuckingcredulous volatility levels of some members here, I'm erring on the side of caution. :P

I can be contacted via xfire under the ID of GroovyDawg, and by PM thru the BFSP site. OR through replies to this site.

PS: Screenshots of ported weapons are pending since tinypic banned me account. In the process of re-uploading the screenies.
PPS: I made sure to uphold the artistic integrity of the models and textures, and did not fuck them up in the porting process. I hope permission to publicly release the weapons will be granted as BF2, as well as CSS, are quickly dying due to the influx of newer games.

Sincere thanks and regards.
GD.

Stokes P226
Kimono's SA1911
Bullet_Head's USP Compact.
Domovoi's Tokarev

and about another 15 more.

Last edited by GroovyD on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:27 am 
Wise Old Man

Hey,

I love playing BF2, it is my favorite game. I have some models, and I would kill if you would be able to compile them up for me, no special animations, just default.

So far they are current gen with baked normals,
m4s90
aksu-74 and kobra (when finished)
remington 870 (when finished)

Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

About the other models, usually, if you give full credits of the original authors, they shouldn't mind. It is nice to see that you attempted to ask first, most people just port them, and add in credits after they have been caught.

Rang3r1 makes several ad hominem attacks and arguments based on fundimental attribution assumption errors and is obviously not in the least interested in the truth or consequences of what he carries around in his head, or how it got there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:39 am 
New born

The SP side of BF2 will KILL for new guns. We have maybe, 3, worth their salt in modeling. 1 left fuming, the other two singlehandedly built a mod and are still burning in a blaze of glory that is AIX2.

Sure thing on the port to BF2 Ranger. :D It'll be nice if the animators here took up the ropes of learning how to animate for BF2. lol Again, the mod side of BF2 is well short on that department too.

Haven't done any shottie ports yet, but its very doable. Far as assault weapons, handguns and hell, even a katana, its very, very possible. But without good, custom animations though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:30 am 
Wise Old Man

Give me resources and tools and I will try my hand and animating for BF2, that is if I can still use 3ds max haha.

I've only played it like 3 times, but within those 3 times that I've played the game is incredibly fun to play, I'm sure it's on the cheap now too. Wouldn't mind a new, old battlefield game on my shitty pc hah :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:56 am 
New born

As far as resources go. This tool is for importing BF2 files into 3ds Max.

http://www.pointofexistence.com/forums/ ... max-tools/
Download for Max9. And i've personally tested that it works for Max versions 9 to 2009. It fucks up on 2010 though.

And this is the best tutorial for animating for BF2, by a Project Reality dev. Chuc. Nice fellow.
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189-mo ... d-2-a.html

Its a vid tutorial, and pretty easy to follow.

If you get stuck on setting up max in the first place with BF2, and the folder structures and whatnots, hit me up via xfire (groovydawg) and I'll walk you through. Animators are fucking hard to come by in BF2. As in zilch. And the ones that can, come from a CS background. lol

Super thanks on the offer Brightside.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:02 am 
Wise Old Man

Well that import tool wont help since I use 2010 haha :D, but thanks anyway...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:04 am 
New born

ffffffuuu.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:29 pm 
Clinically Dead

Wweeeell, you left out one itty bit of what i said, which was basically "if you ask first, then credit fully, you most likely won't receive the CDG shitstorm". I believe in making this thread though, you've earned massive e-kudos from the entire community.
Any textures of mine you wish to use, you have permission.

p.s. whose texture is that on wills mk23? I can't recognize it...
edit: wait, thats no mk23. that looks like bulletheads USP D:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:40 pm 
Posts way too much...

That's Bullethead's USP Compact. With my texture i think. :P

If it has the same silencer model and texture as the original release, then the texture credit for that would go to you, Thanez. Not sure who made the LAM though, maybe Twinke?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:20 pm 
New born

Quote:
E-kudos and you have permission.

Ah, good to know. :D Thank you so very much.

And my mistake, it is the USP Tactical (Compact) by Bullet_Head not Will and Thanez's MK23 (which incidentally has been ported too :P, with proper credits duly noted.).

Textures and the LAM were pulled from the p228 compile of this gun, and I need help identifying individual textures since all three are included for the different types of BF2 maps. Forest, Desert and Pacific. :D Or I can just roll with Darkstorn and Sureshot being credited for the textures.
The LAM's skinned by SureShot, but the modeller of it i'm not so sure, although Stoke and Twinke are listed in the credits, but confirmation is welcome.

Forgot who made the silencer too. A heck of a lot to keep track with the tons of models and skins in this place.

In anycase, much gratitude to CDG for the gobsmacking level of quality and bootifull handgunz.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:43 pm 
Posts way too much...

Well, all three of those are mine so. Should make things easier.

Oh and yeah you have permission.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:57 pm 
New born

Absolute brilliance.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:57 pm 
Old School

LAM unit and Suppressor textured by me, LAM modelled by Twinke Masta and I *think* the suppressor is modelled by either Stoke or The Expert. I think it was Stoke so that Expert could practice on it?

ps. permission for anything with my name next to it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:54 pm 
Sad

Anything you find by me, go ahead. Just makes sure you have the texture artist's permission.

Can't say you will find much with texture though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:28 pm 
Clinically Dead

i have no idea if anything by me is used. where can i find pics of the things taken from here/fpsb?

PORTFOLIO