Here are the long awaited rules for usage of this Bulletin Board <insert drum role>:
- No spamming / double posting
Spamming or double posting is seriously frowned upon. For purpose of definition, spamming is considered making unrelated posts that contain no informational value.
Offenders will receive a warning. After this a variety of reprimands can be the result, ranging from downsizing postcount to disabling the account, depending on the frequency.
- No flaming / trolling
Flaming (a verbal attack aimed at an individual or a group) or trolling (deliberately inciting anger arguments and disorder) will not be tolerated.
Offenders will be warned once and only once. After that the account in question will be disabled for a period of time.
- No publishing of offensive material
The publishing of offensive material, be it racist highly pornographic or just flat out disgusting (read: the unholy trinity), is not allowed. Regardless of the age groups involved in these forums a lot of people wish not to be confronted with this type of material.
Offenders will receive a warning; second time offenders will have their accounts temporarily disabled.
- No warez/serial/crack publishing
The publishing of warez, serial keys, CD keys and cracks or requesting any of these is not allowed, period. We aren't a warez board and don't need the legal hassle this can bring with it.
Any posts related to this category will be immediately deleted. First time offenders will receive a warning; second time offenders will have their accounts disabled.
Furthermore, we like to ask you to pay attention to the following guidelines:
- Please post in the proper forum. Model requests in the model request forum, etc;
- Be helpful to others. N00b-bashing will not help anyone; instead help them out when and wherever you can. Don't forget, everyone was a n00b once. Better a newbie than a cluebie;
- Be constructive in criticism; if you think something could be better, explain how. If something is 'crappy' explain why. People are more prone to take advice than to take criticism that isn't supported with arguments;
- Please keep yours posts readable in regard to spelling and grammar. Typos are not bad, but it's another thing to post something, which people have a hard time trying to understand;
- Don't talk BS. If you are unsure of something, look it up. If you can't find it, don't be afraid to ask. Not knowing something isn't a shame. Not knowing and pretending you do on the other hand is annoying and negates your credibility.
These rules and guidelines are here to make these boards pleasant for everyone. Take them to heart and act accordingly.
Thanks for your time.